10 December 2011

et alia

10 DECEMBER 2011. There is a bustle in the air, but I don't feel compulsion to move with the crowds. There is a buzz of excitement, but the feeling eludes me. There is an anxious and noisy anticipation, but all I seek is quiet.

The season of Advent is upon us again. As the world around us focuses on an X-mas celebration that is, at its commercial heart, based upon a perceived joy--so go the advertisements--of giving and receiving material things. However, we are called, apart from the worldly sirens, to prepare ourselves quietly for the joy of the Nativity of the Lord--a holy and quiet Christmas.

I pray that this Advent season is a good one for all readers.

I am overjoyed by the use of new translation of the Roman Missal. It brings a richness and beauty to the language of the mass that I have often times over the years felt was missing. Thank you to all whose efforts made the new translation possible.

Please pray that the Holy See will soon provide the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee with a holy man to serve as our new bishop. Please also pray for the health and safe keeping of Bishop Ricard, our bishop emeritus.

As always, I will pray for you, please pray for me and my family.

Pax Christi!

No comments:

Post a Comment