27 June 2009

Prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe


Our Lady of Guadalupe, mystical rose,
intercede for the Church, protect the Holy Father,
help all who invoke You in their necessities.
Since You are the ever Virgin Mary
and Mother of the True God,
obtain for us from Your Most Holy Son
the grace of a firm and sure hope
amid bitterness of life,
as well as an ardent love and
the precious gift of final perseverance.

Dearest Lady, fruitful Mother of Holiness,
teach me Your ways of gentleness and strength.
Hear my prayer, offered with deep felt confidence
to beg this favor.

O Mary, conceived without sin, I come to your throne of grace
to share the fervent devotion of your faithful Mexican children
who call to Thee under the glorious title "Guadalupe" - the Virgin
who crushed the serpent.

Queen of Martyrs, whose Immaculate Heart was pierced
by seven swords of grief, help me to walk valiantly
amid the sharp thorns strewn across my path.
Invoke the Holy Spirit of Wisdom
to fortify my will to frequent the Sacraments
so that, thus enlightened and strengthened,
I may prefer God to all creatures
and shun every ocassion of sin.

Help me, as a living branch of the Vine
that is Jesus Christ,
to exemplify His divine charity
always seeking the good of others.
Queen of apostles, aid me to win souls
for the Sacred Heart of my Savior.
Keep my apostolate fearless, dynamic,
and articulate, to proclaim the loving solitude
of Our Father in Heaven so that the wayward
may heed His pleading and obtain pardon,
through the merits of Your merciful Son,
Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment