23 May 2010

Prayer for Chastity

By Saint Thomas Aquinas

O good Jesus, I know that every perfect gift
and, above all others, that of chastity, depends
on the powerful action of your divine Providence;
I know that without You a creature can do nothing.
This is why I beseech You to defend, by Your grace,
the purity of my soul and of my body.
And if I have ever received any impression whatsoever
of a sentiment capable of soiling this ineffable virtue,
O supreme Master of my faculties,
blot it out from my soul, that with a clean heart,
I may advance in Your love and in Your service,
offering myself chaste all the days of my life
on the most pure altar of Your divinity.
It is the Cross that I adore.
The Cross of the
Lord is with me.
The Cross is my refuge.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment